Raw Denim Fade Progress
After nearly a decade of getting to know the space, raw denim has turned into my core fashion staple. I’ve bought well over a dozen pair of raws over the years and more recently everything has been Japanese Selvedge denim.
Historically I never cuffed my jeans as I always thought that look was best matched with boots. Since I live in Phoenix boots only make sense for a few months of the year unless you want to sweat your ass off, which I am not willing to do. Out here you are going to see more people wearing sandals with jeans than boots. Frightening, I know.
I’ve cuffed my last 3 pairs of raws with the Nudie Grim Tim’s I am sharing here is my last ‘noncuff’ pair. When it starts to heat up again here I am going to experiment with looks that involved low-rise shoes and cuffs. For some reason, it feels awkward on me, but depending on how you wear it I am sure it can work.
Breakdown of the raw denim fades being shown here
#1 Nudie Jean Co Grim Tim’s (98% / 2%)
- Bought June 25th, 2017 in NYC Nudie Grim Tim Black Comfort Selvedge (98% / 2%)
- At least 200 wears, only 1 wash so far, never dried
- I did not pre-soak and never experienced any shrinkage
- Still currently in rotation
#2 Naked and Famous Dry Stretch Indigo (98% / 2%)
- Bought online.
- Many washes and tumble drys (lesson learned)
- Did not pre-soak, definitely shrunk after first wash and dry, but stretched back out when worn
- 7+ Years old – Retired
#3 Naked and Famous Dry Stretch Indigo (98% / 2%)
- Bought online.
- Many washes, all hang drys
- Did not pre-soak, minor shrinking from washing, but stretched back out when worn
- 5+ Years old – Retired